There are only so many dollars in your marketing budget, so it pays to have strategic content that can squeeze every cent from every George Washington. Save time and money by taking a single piece of versatile content and adapting it across multiple channels. You’ll boost your SEO, raise your profile, reach broader demographics and reinforce your brand. Let’s take a look at how you can maximize content marketing.
Here’s an example. Create content for multiple channels around one of the highest-value assets available: the satisfied customer. As Social Fresh points out, customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for content marketing at 89%. Consumers are persuaded by consumers, so put this gold mine to work:
- Start with a piece of original content, like an interview on video with a satisfied client. Once edited (and the client grants permission) the interview can be posted on your website.
- Then post the interview on YouTube with links back to your site.
- Create a case study around that client’s experience for your site.
- Develop an informational blog focusing on a subject raised in the interview.
- Post the blog on your site, and explore other outlets for posting, like industry sites.
- Promote the video, case study and blog in separate, well-timed mentions across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Select quotes from the interview to use prominently in website copy, blogs and social media posts.
- Use quotes in advertisements (television, radio, digital, outdoor, print).
- Create individual email newsletters focused around each of the above (video, blog, case study, quotes, ads).
- Distribute a press release tying the client’s experience to a trending news topic.
Repurpose, Repurpose, Repurpose
The list goes on. A single piece of valuable content is the gift that keeps on giving. When that content is “evergreen,” or valuable and relevant over a long period of time, its reusable potential skyrockets, and its SEO lifts with each well-placed link. Your message reaches different target audiences across different channels. Better yet, your message can reach individuals multiple times at multiple stages, expanding their encounters with your brand and reinforcing it amid a sea of rival content.
We know how, when and where to create and distribute content to maximize your marketing budget. Get your business noticed by more people, more often, in more places. Give us a call.