Over the past few years, we’ve watched as video marketing went from a “nice to have” tactic to an essential part of a brand’s overall marketing and communications plan. And the pandemic only accelerated this trend with consumers spending more time than ever on streaming platforms. So, if you are wondering if you should have a video marketing strategy, the answer is a clear and resounding yes. Here’s why.
When it comes to the decision about incorporating video into your overall marketing strategy, the numbers speak for themselves. According to a report from HubSpot Research, more than 50% of consumers want to see videos from brands. This surpasses any other type of content.
Check out these statistics about the state of video marketing for 2021 from a recent survey:
- 68% percent of consumers say the pandemic impacted the amount of video content they watch online, with 96% saying it has increased
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video
- 86% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service
- 84% of video marketers say video has helped them generate leads
- 78% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales
Versatility of Video
The versatility of video can’t be beaten for promoting your products or services, telling your story, and educating and engaging with your audience. Video combines sight, sound and motion to evoke emotion, making it incredibly powerful and memorable. In addition, people are twice as likely to share video content with their friends than any other type of content.
Depending on your goals, there are many ways to incorporate video into your marketing strategy:
- Brand videos: Highlight your company’s history, mission and values. Attract top talent as part of your recruitment efforts. Introduce different team members to personalize your brand
- Demo videos: Show your products in action.
- How-to videos: Teach your customers something new, such as how to use your products to accomplish a goal.
- Customer testimonials: Let satisfied customers share their stories about your brand.
- Case studies: Demonstrate a problem, solution and results you achieved for a customer, so potential customers can see you can help them, too.
And this is just scratching the surface. From live event videos to animated shorts, virtual and augmented reality, 360º tours and more, the options for video are limitless.
While video may require a bit more time and money upfront, it’s worth it in the long run. For example, according to HubSpot, “video on landing pages is capable of increasing conversion rates by over 80%, and the mere mention of the word “video” in your email subject line increases open rates by 19%. 90% of customers also say videos help them make buying decisions.”
When MediaMind analyzed more than 3 billion ad impressions globally for six months, they found that prospects are 27.4 times more likely to click through online video ads than standard banners. And Wyzowl’s survey showed that 87% of video marketers say video, in general, gives them a good return on their investment.
You can also get a lot of bang for your buck when it comes to video production. For example, we can create a brand video for your website, and then edit portions of it for use on product pages, in digital ads and social posts.
Are you ready for your close-up? We have the in-house expertise to design and execute an affordable video marketing strategy for your brand, as well as a studio partner on-site for seamless production. Reach out today to take your brand to the next level.