With over 610 million members, LinkedIn is the universal social media platform for professionals. Think of it as a digital networking event without the hors d’oeuvres and cash bar.
Unlike Facebook and other social platforms, LinkedIn is best used to forge professional connections. Whether you market your products and services to other businesses, have active recruitment needs, or simply want to connect with other businesses, LinkedIn should be a part of your social media marketing mix.
However, as always in business, first impressions count. You’ll want to make sure your LinkedIn company page matches your overall branding. This includes using your logo as your profile image, and using an image that complements your brand as the cover image. Be sure to also use your full company name as well as a custom tagline, company description and button, such as “Contact Us.”
LinkedIn: Beyond the Basics
While we can’t give away all our secrets, here are 10 ways to instantly maximize your company’s LinkedIn presence:
- Review your company page and update regularly
- Make sure your company page has a simple custom URL to make it easier to find
- Add specialties to your company page for keyword optimization—you can add up to 20
- Repurpose your content and add social to your blogging rituals
- Use hashtags in your posts, page and to find new content
- Add three hashtags to allow your page to engage with content using those hashtags
- Make sure every post includes a photo or video; it catches the eye and takes up more space on a feed
- Use your personal account to engage on others’ posts on your company’s behalf
- Add your company page to a variety of groups based on your industry and specialties
- Sponsor your strongest posts to build engagement and push users to your website
For Best Results
The 10 tips above are simple enough for you to do on your own, but for ongoing success, you’ll want to have a strategy. That’s where we can help. Depending on your goals, this may include plans for content creation, posting, building engagement, sponsoring posts and more.
Count on our expert team to get you where you want to go. We can advise you on the best platforms to use to reach your goals, help you create a dynamic presence, customize a strategy and even train your team in best practices for their own personal LinkedIn pages, and how they can use them to support the company page. Give us a call today—or connect with us on LinkedIn!