Market Mentors is an established, full-service advertising, marketing and public relations agency located in West Springfield, Mass., serving clients with global reach. Our team is growing and we are now accepting resumes for a Public Relations Account Executive. This person will work closely with the Market Mentors PR and Content team and its clients. This is not a telecommuting opportunity.
Public Relations Account Executive
The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented, organized, quick and clever with words, and enjoys contributing to client success. If you’re enthusiastic about working in a collaborative and fluid environment, we want to hear from you.
- Work directly with specified accounts and facilitate day to day operations:
- Client facing/main point of contact for assigned account(s)
- Responsible for assuring all work is completed on deadline while maintaining agenda and status reports
- Lead weekly traffic calls and meetings
- Conduct research as needed and respond to ad hoc requests
- Work internally, across departments, to deliver compelling solutions for our clients
- Identify opportunities to expand the client relationship and drive contract renewals
- Keep project schedules so you may report on project status both internally and externally
- Administrative duties; including completing thoughtful proposals and presentations
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures
- Develop rapport with clients through providing day-to-day client contact, managing the relationship and expectations, troubleshooting conflicts as they arise and administrative reporting
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including meeting facilitation, presentations, action items from meetings and communication of meeting minutes
- Report on ROI for clients including news clipping, web trend reporting, search engine marketing and key analytics for a results-driven workforce and client base
- Ability to channel constructive criticism from clients and team members into opportunities for professional development
- Support traditional public relations initiatives including:
- Writing and distributing press releases, pitching reporters and editors
- Produce copy for a variety of executions with strong spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Write, edit or proofread press releases, online content and articles
- Maintain media distribution lists and use media tools to distribute and manage pitches
- Pitching media and securing interview and bylined opportunities – including ghost writing content
- Conduct background research for clients including news topics and journalist interests to support pitches
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering clients’ stories
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Building targeted media lists and developing relationships with key media contacts/influencers
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokes people – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Create briefing sheets and support materials
- Contribute to content marketing and digital communications, including:
- Assist in developing strategies and plans
- Company listings, case studies, website copy, blogs, social media posts and digital communications incorporating best practices for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Combine use of emerging technology and fuse traditional PR with Social initiatives
- Post content for digital listings
- Write long form web copy as needed for client sites using SEO best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 3-5 years’ minimum of PR experience
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability to manage time around unexpected situations and/or requests and prioritize workflow by opportunity
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor and flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems while maintaining a strong customer focus
- Experience working with marketing, sales, business and design teams to gather input and create content
- Experience developing short and long form content for digital and print channels
- Understanding of agency capabilities, vision and mission, to fully and efficiently utilize agency resources
- Ability to channel constructive criticism into opportunities for professional development
- Engaging presentations skills whether to the client, editors/journalists/reporters, or your team
- Ability to manage and maintain multiple on-going projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Detailed in keeping project schedules and time logs and report on status both internally and externally
- Fluid in AP Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fundamental understanding of best practices in developing and executing social media strategies
Market Mentors is a full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency. We strive every day to be amongst the ranks of world class professionals and leaders, and that is why every team member must complete the Performance Dynamics Program. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of the best, we want to hear from you.
We’d also like for you to submit writing samples and coverage that you have garnered. Only those candidates that provide a cover letter, resume and a minimum of three writing samples of their own work will be considered.
Click here to fill out our employment application and attach your resume with a cover letter including your salary requirements. Candidates who do not supply these items will not be considered.
No phone calls please. No recruiters. No telecommuting.
Great benefits including health, life, and 401(k). Fun and creative working environment.