Market Mentors is a small business, and like any small business, employees are expected to help facilitate work. Often, you may be asked to assist in work that may or may not be listed in this job description.
Market Mentors is an established, full-service advertising, marketing and public relations agency located in West Springfield, Mass., serving clients with global reach. Our team is growing and we are now accepting resumes for a Public Relations Specialist. This person will work closely with the Market Mentors PR and Content team and its clients. This is not a telecommuting opportunity.
The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented, organized, quick and clever with words, and enjoys contributing to client success. If you’re enthusiastic about working in a collaborative and fluid environment, we want to hear from you.
- Write press releases, pitching reporters and editors across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering clients’ stories
- Produce copy for a variety of executions including company listings, case studies, website copy, blogs, social media posts and digital communications incorporating best practices for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Maintain media distribution lists and use media tools to distribute and manage pitches
- Conduct background research for clients including news topics and journalist interests to support pitches
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Assist in developing content marketing and digital communications strategies and plans
- Post content for digital listings
- Create briefing sheets and support materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 3-5 years’ minimum of PR experience
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability to manage time around unexpected situations and/or requests and prioritize workflow by opportunity
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor and flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems while maintaining a strong customer focus
- Experience working with marketing, sales, business and design teams to gather input and create content
- Experience developing short and long form content for digital and print channels
- Understanding of agency capabilities, vision and mission, to fully and efficiently utilize agency resources
- Ability to channel constructive criticism into opportunities for professional development
- Engaging presentations skills whether to the client, editors/journalists/reporters, or your team
- Ability to manage and maintain multiple on-going projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Detailed in keeping project schedules and time logs and report on status both internally and externally
- Fluid in AP Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fundamental understanding of best practices in developing and executing social media strategies
Market Mentors is a full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency. We strive every day to be amongst the ranks of world class professionals and leaders, and that is why every team member must complete the Performance Dynamics Program.
Are you the perfect candidate? If so, please submit a cover letter along with a summary of your qualifications (with why we should meet) and resume telling us how you’re uniquely qualified for this position.
Click here to fill out our employment application and attach your resume with a cover letter including your salary requirements. Candidates who do not supply these items will not be considered.
No phone calls please. No recruiters. No telecommuting.
Great benefits including health, life, and 401(k). Fun and creative working environment.