Are you a seasoned broadcast media professional? Are you fluent in the language of CPP, CPM, Reach, Frequency, GRPs and Impressions? Market Mentors is growing and looking for a broadcast media buyer that also has strong familiarity with digital (paid search, display).
This is not a telecommuting opportunity.
As a media buyer, you are responsible for negotiating and placing the client’s media. You are also expected to be a market specialist and maintain a professional relationship with the media representatives; negotiating rates and ratings for programming. To be most successful at Market Mentors, you must be detail oriented, organized, able to handle pressure and willing to interact well with other buyers and team members.
Additionally, the media buyer is required to understand the many facets of media research and have the ability to develop different strategies to handle varying market conditions and client objectives. Thinking proactively about ways to maximize the client’s media within their budget is imperative, as well as, seeking out new opportunities to benefit our clients and the agency.
The perfect candidate will be assisting in implementing media campaigns and coordinating projects for several of our well-known and respected clients. Ideally you’ll have 2-5 years of related experience and be able to intelligently negotiate and implement fully integrated media buys (including broadcast TV, radio, cable, print, online and outdoor).
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiates and purchase television, radio, cable for all accounts
- Estimates, updates and adjusts all broadcast ratings per demographic
• Negotiates all rates, special placement and added value by medium for all markets
• Documents all negotiations, makegoods and credits
- Assists in developing media plans and budgets that also include digital
- Executes all media plans within established budgets; buys media space and air time
• Designs optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals delivery and vendor agreements
• Meets with media representatives and accesses media database to research available options for media placement
• Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results of all buys
- Monitors buys in progress by spot checking placement and negotiating credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Facilitate traffic instructions and coop
• Tracks media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance
• Collaborates with clients and team members to resolve media billing issues
- Prepares monthly/quarterly post buy analysis reports
Working knowledge of Nielsen Audio and TV ratings necessary. Familiarity with Strata Software required. You’ll need to bring your proficient Microsoft Office and internet knowledge as well.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of media buying or broadcast experience
- Strong proficiency in Strata media buying software
- Demonstrated media buying experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong mathematical abilities
- Demonstrates a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Detail-oriented, organized, conscientious, with the ability to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Google certification a plus
Market Mentors is a full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency. We strive every day to be amongst the ranks of world class professionals and leaders, and that is why every team member must complete the Performance Dynamics Program. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of the best, we want to hear from you. Learn more about our firm: www.marketmentors.com
Are you the perfect candidate? If so, please submit a cover letter along with a summary of your qualifications (with why we should meet) and resume telling us how you’re uniquely qualified for this position.
Click here to fill out our employment application and attach your resume with a cover letter including your salary requirements. Candidates who do not supply these items will not be considered.
Market Mentors, LLC, 30 Capital Drive, West Springfield, MA 01089
No phone calls please. No recruiters. No telecommuting.
Great benefits including health, life, and 401(k). Fun and creative working environment.