As the receptionist/administrative assistant, you will perform administrative and office support activities for the agency. Duties include answering/fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets, assisting with accounts payable and receivable, and filing. Aids in superior customer satisfaction.
Primary Position Functions:
- Performs administrative duties in support of the smooth operation and presentation of the office
- Answers phones/field calls; serves as a gatekeeper
- Receives and sorts mail, ships packages, photocopies, faxes, scans
- Assists with monthly print vendor invoice reconciliations, filing A/P and A/R, mailings
- Receives and directs visitors, vendors and clients
- Prepares weekly staff meeting agendas and keeps minutes
- Takes lead in keeping storage area clean, stocked and organized
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies and orders office supplies
- Reviews publications for client/competitor ads/articles
- Assists in quoting and estimating (print and premium items)
- Helps office manager in AP processing
- Aids in media buying for print advertising
- Assists with weekly check runs, including collating stubs with bills and paying invoices with credit card
- Responsible for the front reception area and conference rooms
- Reconciles corporate credit card statements
- Updates monthly billing checklist for office manager
- Coordinates community events, charitable contributions, client and political communications as needed
- Assists staff with other duties as required
- Runs errands (store, printers, restaurants, post office client deliveries) as needed
- Develops and maintains effective collaborative working relationships with others
- Builds effective relationships, identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers creative, practical solutions and recommendations
- Ability to accept responsibility for own actions, including failures, and embrace experiences as learning opportunities
- Strong organizational skills; manage a fast-paced workflow with the ability to pivot and prioritize
- Ability to choose the right methods to solve a problem
- Flexibility; receptive to change and able to adjust to different styles, personalities and circumstances
- Uses the necessary steps to successful execution/completion of tasks within the work environment, and demonstrates necessary discipline in adhering to existing processes; uses creativity/innovation in analyzing needed changes/improvements to existing processes
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience
- Extremely proficient in attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Awareness of surroundings and ability to read situations and respond effectively
- Ability to pivot in a fast-paced environment
If this describes you, send us your resume with a cover letter describing why we should meet.
At Market Mentors, we strive every day to be among the ranks of world-class professionals and leaders, and that is why every team member must complete the Performance Dynamics Program. Great benefits including health, life, and 401(k). Fun and creative working environment. Awesome clients. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of the best, we want to hear from you.
Market Mentors, LLC, 155 Brookdale Drive, Springfield, MA 01104
No phone calls, please. EOE
Minimum three years in a professional office. High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Great team player with outstanding customer service skills.
Light bookkeeping experience helpful.