There are two key areas of this position:
- A practitioner in the art of persuasion, you provide creative vision, strategy, and direction for artistic initiatives. You’ll play an active role in formulating design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communication media, including print, digital, web, broadcast, and advertising. By translating strategies into creative campaigns that achieve client’s desired messages within established budget and timeframe will be one of your core strengths.
- You will lead, coach, mentor. This not only includes providing feedback on work product, but also professional development.
Primary Position Requirements (Qualifications):
- Confer with account representatives, graphic designers and clients to discuss campaign objectives, budget, presentation approaches, styles and techniques
- Design and develop static and CMS websites from start to finish
- Formulate the overall look or style of a campaign, ensuring all design concepts support, maintain and visually represent the desired concept
- Layout design or presentation approach. Specify material and campaign details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, and video elements to be included
- Provide support to design and production staff and vendors responsible for the final design and production phases of campaigns
- Self-proof and edit work to ensure accuracy
- Remain current on evolving trends, technologies, and concepts within the industry (including SEO)
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under the pressure of deadlines
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
Additional Position Functions:
- Provide photographic support both on location or in-house
- Support Account Reps in defining and meeting client needs
- Create visual aids for internal use
- Contribute supporting ideas for company marketplace appearance, new articles and blog posts
Additional skills a plus (but not required):
- Video creation/editing
- Digital animation
Send us your cover letter, resume with “Art Director” in the subject line. You’ll need to include a link to your digital portfolio.
Market Mentors, LLC, 155 Brookdale Drive, Springfield, MA 01104
Great benefits including health, life, and 401(k). Fun and creative working environment.
* This is a full-time in-office position Monday-Friday. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Feel free to include specific salary requirements.