Market Mentors is a full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency serving clients in a variety of industries. We’re adding a detail-oriented, self-motivated and collaborative individual to our team. We are a small team, so each of us wears multiple hats and collaborates as priority changes occur on an ongoing basis. This position is not a remote opportunity.
The Accounting Clerk / Administrative Assistant will be a multifaceted individual that has their hands in a lot of different areas of the agency. You will support the accounting department while also providing office administrative support.
- Prepares all invoices for payment by matching them to purchase orders.
- Assists office manager in AP processing, filing A/P and A/R.
- Prepares and inputs approved accounts payable transactions for processing.
- Generates and reviews accounts payable summary reports ensuring payments are accurate and timely.
- Prepares accounts payable manual checks as required.
- Retains all related accounts payable records and files.
- Assists with weekly payables.
- Reconciles corporate credit card statements.
- Performs monthly petty cash account reconciliation. Identifies, researches, and resolves cash-balancing discrepancies.
- Assists in the coordination and monitoring of vendor-performed initiatives; makes follow-up calls to confirm order status; and functions as the communication touch point on questions relative to orders.
- Assists in the preparation of bid requests using templates; sends RFQ to identify potential vendors; retains final contract files; tracks and monitors vendor service delivery, escalating project issues and /or delays for resolution.
- Assists with monthly print vendor invoice reconciliations.
- Creates purchase orders and works with specified vendors.
- Serves as lead estimator for specific vendors (print and premium items).
- Performs general and diverse administrative duties in support of the needs of the organization.
- Functions as administrative support to the Office Manager.
- Assists in fielding phone calls.
- Works with Account Services team to gather backup for billing.
- Strong organizational skills: manage a fast-paced workflow with the ability to pivot and prioritize.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with others.
- Ability to accept responsibility for own actions, including failures, and embrace experiences as learning opportunities.
- Ability to choose the right methods to solve a problem.
- Flexible; receptive to change and able to adjust to different styles, personalities, and circumstances.
- Ability to use the necessary steps to successful execution/completion of tasks within the work environment and demonstrate necessary discipline in adhering to existing processes.
- Minimum three years in a professional office.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience processing AP & AR and experience in accounting software with ERP experience a plus. (Advantage, Oracle NetSuite, SAP, or similar).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to pivot in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely proficient in attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Fantastic customer service skills.
- Awareness of surroundings and ability read situations and respond effectively.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adaptive to learning software.
- Ability to work independently but as a critical part of a dynamic team.
Please send us your resume with a cover letter sharing a bit about you and what you are looking for in your next position.
At Market Mentors, we strive every day to be among the ranks of world-class professionals and leaders, and that is why every team member must complete the Performance Dynamics Program. Great benefits include health, life, and 401(k). Fun and creative working environment. Awesome clients. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of the best, we want to hear from you. Learn more about our firm.
Market Mentors, LLC, 155 Brookdale Drive, Springfield, MA 01104
No phone calls, please. EOE
* This is an in-office position. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Feel free to include specific salary requirements.