Market Mentors, LLC, and nearly 20 local businesses participated in hurricane relief effort and raised $10,000
Market Mentors, LLC, a full-service marketing firm located in West Springfield, partnered with several local businesses to raise money in support of The Salvation Army’s hurricane relief efforts.
A total of $10,000 was raised to present to the Salvation Army, a nonprofit charitable organization that exists to meet human need wherever whenever, and however it can, for its long-term disaster recovery efforts for U.S. citizens affected by the recent devastating hurricanes.
This marks the fifth year that Market Mentors collaborated with local businesses to support a worthy cause. Over the past four years, $22,500 was raised and donated to Rays of Hope at the Baystate Health Foundation.
“This year, our staff and clients were strongly affected by the plight of Americans reeling from the devastation after Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, and were looking for a way to help,” said Michelle Abdow, president, Market Mentors. “Our clients understand the worth of corporate social responsibility initiatives and once again gave generously. Thanks to their considerable efforts, we reached our goal of raising $10,000.”
Companies who made a significant donation of $1,000 include:
- Rocky’s ACE Hardware, Springfield
- Forastiere Family Funeral & Cremation, East Longmeadow
- Excel Dryer, Inc., East Longmeadow
- Meredith-Springfield Associates, Inc., Ludlow
- Skip’s Outdoor Accents, Agawam
- Noonan Energy Corporation, Springfield
- The Markens Group Inc., Springfield
Additional participating organizations:
- Aaron Smith, P.C., East Longmeadow
- Advanced Vein Care Center, Springfield
- Bill Sapelli for Mayor, Agawam
- FLN-MAR Rubber & Plastics, Holyoke
- Giombetti Associates, Wilbraham
- Hampden Zimmerman, Northampton and Springfield
- Ken Shea, City Council, Springfield
- Market Mentors, LLC, West Springfield
- Olympia Sales, Inc., Enfield, Conn.
- Pension & Benefits Associates, West Springfield
- Restore Skin Care Center, Springfield
- Skoler, Abbott & Presser, P.C., Springfield
- The Dowd Insurance Agencies, Holyoke
While there are many organizations collecting funds for hurricane relief, Market Mentors selected The Salvation Army as the recipient of this year’s efforts for several reasons. Amanda Moyer, director of client services at Market Mentors, was recently named chair of the Advisory Board for The Salvation Army of Greater Springfield, where she has volunteered for over six years.
“I am delighted that we are supporting the efforts of an organization dear to my heart,” said Moyer. “The entire Market Mentors team and I believe in the amazing work done by The Salvation Army, often the first group that responds during a disaster, and the group that stays the longest to help with recovery efforts.”
Abdow and Moyer both note that more help is needed. “Recovery will be measured in months and possibly even years,” said Abdow. “We hope the efforts of all of our partner organizations inspire others to act as well.”
Donations can be made to The Salvation Army at springfield.salvationarmy.org